For two years, the wonderful Arlee Barr wrote a monthly post on the site, exploring art techniques, theory and practice. They were fascinating articles and we’d like to share a list of some of her earlier posts for you to peruse:
- ARTeries – Embroideries of the World: Kantha – Arlee explores ethnic embroidery.
- ARTeries – The Influences of Age – Using decomposition and aging effects in your work.
- ARTeries – Metal and Lace Music – Working with metal and lace.
- ARTeries – Personal Symbolism: Ceci n’est pas une pipe – Symbols and icons in stitch.
- ARTEries – The Plastic Arts – Soft Sculpture.
- ARTeries – Surface Tension – Exploring surface tension and its implications.
Arlee Barr is a Canadian artist, working primarily with textiles. She describes herself as “curious, eccentric and just a little opinionated“. Surrealist in thought, Fauvist at heart, Arlee likes the eclectic, explorative and absurd. Sprinkled around the interwebs, she can be found hanging around her fantastic blog and shop.
Unicorn Felt I've loved unicorns for as long as I can remember. My favourite movies as a child were Unico in the Island of Magic and The Last Unicorn. My first Halloween/Mardi...
With Diwali approaching let us celebrate all that India has to offer with abstract images of Buddha, Temples and Elephants created from recycled materials using traditional methods of quilted...