The Textile Arts Center’s Artist in Residence (TAC AIR) program equips emerging artists and designers with the resources and skills to better articulate their practices and contribute to their communities through a combination of studio access, rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum, critical dialogue, and mentorship. The culminating group exhibition showcases and promotes residents’ work on a regional and national level through additional catalogue materials.
The 8 artists for Cycle 11 of the AIR program will be selected by a jury of TAC staff and professionals working in different fields of textile arts. Cycle 11 runs from October 2019-June 2020.
TAC AIR Program Provides:
- Individual studio space
- 24-hour access to TAC studio and equipment
- Technical classes in techniques including weaving, spinning, machine knitting, and surface design
- Seminars in textile history, modern craft theory, and professional development (e.g. grant writing, art law, material sourcing)
- Critiques and Mentorship with professional designers and fiber artists
Learn more at www.textileartscenter.com/aboutair
- Deadline: March 18, 2019
- Last day for clarification: March 14th
- Application Fee: $25 through March 3rd, $35 March 4th-March 18th
- Applications online through SlideRoom: https://tac.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/41161
Meet Jung Byun, winner of The Worshipful Company of Broderers Award in the 2019 Hand & Lock Prize for Embroidery competition. Her winning design, “Peacock Mirror,” depicts the dichotomy of...
all about fast food This month I’ve gathered some of the best fast food soft sculptures from around the world. I feel like junk food is a very rewarding object of interest but also a bit...